Wednesday, January 30, 2008
My new discovery and the only thing interesting about this morning. And don't forget the insightful words of wisdom taken from the back of the cup.
The Way I See It #283
The most important thing in life is to stop saying "I wish" and start saying "I will." Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities.
* After some initial concern over my coffee consumption I've changed to word latte to be less confusing. Rest assured, it's nothing but steamed milk and syrup. Sounds much less gourmet when you put it that way eh?
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
The oven is on, the door wide open, a big pot of water boils on the stove. The shower is running scaldingly hot as steam pours out of the bathroom. We’re quite proud of ourselves as we watch the temperature rise from 12 to 15, all the way up to 20! Success! Comfortable heat success.
The ice on the inside of our windows starts to drip and melt and us, feeling very proud of ourselves head to our cozy bed that we’ve made with two quilts and cranked the heated mattress pad.
It took about 15 minutes to be back down to 12.
Please make the cold spell end soon. I wasn’t built for this.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Example number two - look around a theatre after everyone has left, food containers everywhere! Why is this a place where no one feels like they need to clean up after themselves?
I don't understand how people's behaviours change so much once they enter the movie theatre.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
- How much I used to hang out with Dave
- Coconut ice cream
- Sarah (she’s on vacation)
- The days when I didn’t have thank you cards to write (only 30 ish left though!)
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
- I do enjoy people’s pictures. It’s been fun to see the brand new babies and I’m glad I got to see pictures of Cora’s trip to Brazil.
- I did save myself one Thank you card by writing on Dan’s wall instead of sending a card.
- (I apologize if this one offends but it’s my biggest problem with Facebook and I’m most likely not talking about you) Definition of Friend =
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.
If you are none of the above then I’m not going to be super enthusiastic to add you as a “friend”.
- I’m terrible at Scrabble... Sarah made me prove it in a crushing game. I’m not sure I have the heart to finish. I was going to give you the exact score but I don’t know how to get back, it’s something embarrassing like 190 to 83 but in my defense she is one turn ahead of me.
- I don’t like having the ability to search for people who were better forgotten. I’m curious so I look but then I wish I hadn’t.
- So someone writes on my wall, an email gets sent telling me someone wrote on my wall. I check the email then have to go over to Facebook to respond. When I do the other person gets an email... and so on. Would it not be easier to just email each other?
So there it is. I use Facebook, I will continue to use Facebook and I even started to add friends. As a positive gesture I'll try to find more Pros.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Through the course of the episode it came to light that Brad has never seen any of the original Terminator movies. This is just beyond acceptable, they’re each such gems. So a Terminator viewing party was organized.
Ideally it would have involved all three movies being watched in one night but we’ve been married a little too long for that so we only made it through the first. It was every bit as great as I’d remembered and we're eagerly anticipating 2 and 3.
“I came across time for you Sarah. I love you; I always have”
H-K’s = Hunter-Killers
The amount of lines Arnold doesn’t have... they really made him say as little as possible.
Arnold’s looking in the mirror about to fix his busted up eye. He pulls out the eye (super gross) and the camera pans to show us what’s left. He has a robotic red eye and he’s obviously not Arnold anymore but a robot they made up for this scene in the movie, it’s ridiculously fake.
Linda Hamilton’s hair
Watch this movie, you won't be disappointed.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Does it feel good like the memory
When you try some history
It's a dream to come around
But who doesn't then,
Because the taste doesn't taste the same again
Here’s to another 2 years of blogging.
Glad you’re here
Friday, January 11, 2008
So Sarah turns to Betty and says, “I’m so bored I’m about ready to slit my throat”
Well Betty got all concerned and says that maybe Sarah should talk to our boss if things are that bad. A little surprised Sarah assured Betty that it’s just a figure of speech and she’s not literally about to kill herself. Thinking the situation is over she goes back to being really bored.
A little while later actually having some work to do, Sarah went to ask our boss a question and noticed on her screen and email that Betty has sent stating that Sarah had used this phrase! Crazy eh? She really thought that Sarah was suicidal and was offended by what she said!
She sure is different than most people.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
I’d finally had enough so last night we made the trek to Canadian Tire where we had a gift card from the wedding and picked out a really nice Waterpik shower head. It’s on an arm so it raised up a couple inches, not one of those removable ones with the cord. I didn’t want one of those.
This thing is incredible! It’s like the most pleasant shower of warm rain you can imagine. The pressure is great and I actually fit underneath it! We waited so long because I didn’t want to fork out them money, I’m so glad we remembered that gift card! It’s changed showering as I know it.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
I give you my 2008 Resolutions
- Drink More Water. I sit real close to a water cooler, this shouldn't be difficult.
- Go Skating more often (Weather permitting)
- Keep a cleaner apartment. It's tiny so if things are out of place it looks terrible. Problem is, it's so tiny things are almost always out of place, I want to change that.
- Invite people over more often. I haven't entertained for a while now. It doesn't have to be a big formal dinner but games and dessert would be fun. We have lots of friends, I need to make more of an effort.
- Send out Wedding Thank you cards. It's embarassing that it's not done yet so I've set a goal for myself that I think is very reasonable. I need to write 5 thank you cards every day at work. I can write them at lunch and mail them from here. I should be done in no time if I can stick to it.
So there you have it. We'll have to see how it goes, maybe you'll even get invited over :)
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
- The best party I've ever thrown. It happened to be New Year’s Eve
- Bradley – Feb 14 (hand hold), Feb 17 (dating)
- Dinner / CPO / Ballet with Bradley – January 26
- Chuck E Cheese Group Date – January 27
- Candlemas – February 2
- First Temple Trip with Bradley – February 3
- Sweethearts Dance (Stake and IRC) – February 9
- Jane-Almus Eve – February 10
- Skating in Lake Louise with Brad – February 19
- Skating at Olympic Oval, double date – February 23
- Middle Name Pride Day – March 10
- Engaged! – March 23
- The Producers – March 27
- Dracula Ballet in Banff with Kim, Brandy and Jocelyn – April 7
- Snow Patrol, Mac Hall – April 9
- Boys Like Girls, The Hush Sound, Mac Hall – April 11
- Jann Arden, Jubilee – May 17
- Shuswap with the Wiebe’s – May 19
- Engagement Party in Magrath – June 16
- The Wedding! – June 30
- Puerto Vallarta, Dolphins, Canopy Tour, Coconut ice cream – July 1-7
- Picnic and Shakespeare in the Park with Ian, Jen and Cora – July 21
- Mini Golf with Dave, Naomi and Devon – July 25
- Global Fest Fireworks Competition – August 17, 21, 23
- Spruce Meadows Horse Jumping – September 7
- Jimmy Eat World Concert, Mac Hall – October 8
- Skating at Olympic Plaza, the first of the Season – November 30
- Baby Porter Forsyth born – December 4
- 6th Ward Christmas Party (the program was so successful) – December 8th
- Stake Carol Fest – December 9th
- Wiebe Caroling Party – December 17
- Christmas in Spanish Fork, UT – December 21 – 26
- New Year's Eve at Doug and Lisa's
This year turned out to be pretty life changing, what with the getting married. So many great things happened and I got to do almost all of them with my best friend. I hope your year was just as memorable and that 2008 is everything you want it to be.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
So this day... I head over, and though it pains me to say... I'm about to open a Facebook account.
Keep the mockings to a minimum please.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
There are a few blog worthy moments from this Holiday though, we'll start with a photo slideshow.
Brad and I went down to my Sister's house in Spanish Fork, Utah and we had a really fun time. It was so great to see everyone and spend time together. While we were there we drove to Temple Square and looked at all the lights, it was cold but so pretty.
Brad had a good time with the boys; Joey, Riley and Jason.
Despite the fun time we had it was such a ridiculously long drive, I don't think we'll be doing it again any time soon. We were happy to be home, that's for sure.