Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wedding Bliss

I've seen the movie 27 Dresses twice now and while most of it is cheesy fluffy girl movie (which I enjoy) there's one particular quote that has hit home both times. It's the perfect way to explain the feelings on my own wedding day.

"That day I woke up and put on my 28th dress.I went to a wedding where no one asked me to hold the bouquet, fold a place card, or hold their dress while they peed. Everything was perfect, and I didn't care, because right then the only thing that mattered was the person waiting for me at the end of the aisle. And he was looking at me the way I'd always hoped"

While I haven't been a bridesmaid 27 times I've been to a lot of weddings. I've helped in the kitchen, I've served at the dinner, I've gone early to decorate. More recently I've helped take care of their music and sound.

But that day I wasn't asked to do anything, everything was taken care of for me and it was perfect. And I really didn't care. Nothing meant more than the way Brad looked at me.
L

0 comments: