Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Filler

Not the most entertaining I know, but it will have to do.

Last Movie I Saw In A Movie Theater? I think maybe it was Batman, that's the only one I can recall anyway. I'm not a big Theater person, I'd rather skip the lines and the ticket price watch in my living room.

What Book Are You Reading? “The Observations” by Jane Harris. I picked it up because it's by the same author as Chocolat and I liked that book a lot, this one is proving to have kind of a strange plot and I have no idea where the story is going to go.
– Funny story, I just went to look up how to spell Chocolat and apparently it was written by Joanne Harris, not Jane. So I just grabbed this book randomly then.

Favorite Board Game? Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride, they're a pretty even tie. Really though, I like any of those German games that win the Spiel des Jahres (German game of the year) award.

Favorite Magazine? Martha Stewart Living though lately Maclean's has been read more frequently and is close to over taking Martha. I like that it makes me smarter.

Favorite Smells? 8 by Abercrombie and Fitch, dinner in the oven.

Favorite Sounds? Anything from my iPod, Christmas Music. Our apartment building is on the fourth floor and we're right by the stairwell, so there's a door at the top of the stairs. When the door closes it makes a little thump noise that I only seem to hear when Brad's coming home from work, that's probably my favorite sound.

Worst Feeling In The World? Losing a friend

First Thing You Think of When You Wake? Can't I stay here for a little bit longer? I'm not ready yet.

Fast Food Place? I guess Taco del Mar, I'm not much of a fast food person but I do really like their black bean burritos.

Future Child’s Name? I really like the name Cossette, though I would never actually name a child that. We have a list of them on Brad's palm so when the time comes we'll have some ideas at least.

Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money,” I would immediately fly to Hawaii with Brad (he's never been there) and then when we got back we'd buy a house, skipping out of our apartment and forgetting about our damage deposit so we don't have to deal with awful land lady. I'd also buy Brad an iPhone so he'd stop mentioning it.

Do You Drive Fast? When I first got my car I wanted to go fast all the time, it just felt good but now I've relaxed and I drive so seldom that I'm usually pretty responsible.

Favorite place you have visited? London, I saw Les Miserable, The Lion King, The Producers and Stomp all within the week and I've never eaten anything better than the Kensington Crêperie.

Storms—cool or scary? Cool. A couple times Brad and I sat on our balcony, shielded from the rain and bundled up in blankets and watched the lightning and rain.

What Was Your First Car? A red Honda Civic, I can't remember what year but it was definitely from the 80's. It ran great and had a sun roof, I think it made me far cooler in high school.

Favorite Drink? Water. I know it sounds lame but I used to drink a lot of apple juice (it's free at work). Then I did the South Beach, the only lasting effect being that I decided I didn't want to drink those calories anymore so now I stick with water.

Finish This Statement—“If I Had the Time, I Would…” bake a lot more than I do. I'd also be a scrapbooker.

Do You Eat the Stems on Broccoli? I like the stems peeled but I know others don't so if I'm not the only one eating whatever I'm making then I normally don’t'.

If You could Dye your Hair Any Other Color, What Would It Be? Dark brown. I really liked the dark brown but I can't be bothered with the upkeep.

Favorite Sport to Watch? Baseball. Football is the worst and Hockey is close behind which is unfortunate since Brad loves it.

What’s Under Your Bed? Christmas decorations, a wrapping paper rolly bin, luggage. It's really our only storage.

Morning Person or Night Owl? I guess morning person since I don't like to stay up but I don't really like getting up early either. Can I be a mid-day person?

Over Easy or Sunny Side Up? Anyway I can get them. I love eggs but I prefer a little bit of a soft yolk.

Favorite Place to Relax? Bed on Saturday morning.

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Birthday Cake from Lics but sadly they discontinued it. It was vanilla ice cream with swirls of frosting and chunks of cake.

Hope you're having a good Wednesday, enjoy the first snowfall.
L

3 comments:

Julie Lewis said...

Okay, I have several comments so bear with me.
Is the random book any good?
I think Cossette is a really pretty name but totally understand the hesitation.
Your car definitely made you cooler in High School.
It's funny you should mention the Kensington Creperie because there is a creperie in Kensington here in Calgary that is really good. You should check it out.
Your hair does look good dark brown but I totally understand about the upkeep.
So, I probably should have just e-mailed you since I was in such a chatty mood but whatever.

Laura said...

I wouldn't call the random book bad but I have yet to decide if it's good. Since the plot is taking so long to unfold I feel like I’m waiting for it to really start. It's worth finishing but it's taking me a long time since there's no suspense and it doesn't really compel you on. I've actually stopped mid paragraph a couple of times and picked it back up later.
I've been to the Kensington Creperie here and it really wasn't anything the same, it didn't even sort of measure up. I had high hopes for it but it just isn't the same.

Jenn said...

That's so funny that you like Cossette because I've always loved it, but the only time I ever mentioned it to anyone they laughed at me because they thought I meant "cassette."
The car was very cool, but stunk, if I recall, because it burned oil incessantly.