Thursday, July 9, 2009

07/08/09 - A Birthday Recap

So I can admit I had a slight meltdown on Tuesday. The birthday things was freaking me out, I just kind of wanted to skip the whole day so I had this really bad attitude.

Brad is amazing though and managed to turn the whole day into just what I wanted even if I didn't know I wanted it. He started things off first thing in the morning. These days we've taken to watching Breakfast Television while we eat our breakfast and when the birthday's came on he turned it up real loud, he'd actually called them to put my birthday on tv, so cute! (I had joked about him doing this the day before so I loved that he followed though, sadly there was a miscommunication and I didn't actually make it on tv. They said they could get it on this morning instead though so we watched anxiously, and still there was nothing. There were only two other birthday's up there today so I think my chances of winning that Marble Slab cake were high but sadly it fell through again. It's certainly the thought that counts though and I loved that he tried.)

As mentioned in yesterday's entry I picked up some cupcakes, a pack of 12 assorted mini cupcakes that Brad and I have been sharing between us. So yummy, I highly recommend the caramel.

Later that evening we went for dinner at La Dolce Vita and had the most incredible meal! The bruschetta was to die for and my pasta brought out yummy noises on every bite. We had great service and a great view. It definitely deserved a cheer at the end and we'll definitely go back.

And, saving the best for last… for about a week now Brad has occasionally mentioned how excited he is about my birthday present, saying that other than the cupcake courier it's the best he's ever given me. I tried to think of what it could be but couldn't even come up with a guess so I was pretty curious when he handed over an envelope.

First a little background… I have this thing for big cats. I'm fascinated by them and could watch nature programs about lions all day (that YouTube video about Christian the Lion nearly made me cry and just about convinced me that a lion would make a great pet after all). I often ask Brad if he'll buy me a lion and strangely he always says no. When I saw a photo of my Brother and Sister-in-law holding a baby tiger I was insanely jealous.

How surprising that Brad managed to buy me Lions for my Birthday! On August 5th Brad and I have a date to go behind the scenes with the Lions at the Calgary Zoo! I'm so excited! We get to talk about the lions and then we follow the zookeepers behind the scenes with the lions! The groups are all less than 20 people so it will be small and intimate. I'm not actually expecting to be able to hold a Lion but you bet I'll be looking for an opportunity to sneak one into our car as my new pet, hope Brad isn't allergic.
L

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What a thoughtful, creative husband to get you a gift like that!! That's really cool! Glad you ended up having a great day! 28 is a great age...I turn 28 next month!

Jenn said...

That's so awesome! What a great gift.
28 is the best age ever. Don't be sad about it. I wish I was 28 again.

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Lady! I hope everything is going just great for you guys! It was so good to see you at the wedding. Ryan and I just started a blog together and we added you to the blog list.

Laura said...

Fun! I love new blogs, what's your blog address?

Amber said...

amberandryanpalmer.blogspot.com