Monday, February 7, 2011

Faux Chenille Blanket

Barely February and already two new years resolutions done.  The first was to put in a zipper which I did here, the second was to make a faux chenille blanket.  I found the tutorial on MADE and was instantly certain I'd make one.  I won't give you any sort of tutorial because Dana's is so good, she tells you everything you need to know.

Here is the beautiful finished product that I just can't stop looking at.

One side of the blanket is the daisy fabric, the back is 4 layers of cotton/flannel sewed into rows of diagonal lines and then cut and washed to create faux chenille.  A little pricey and definitely time consuming but the end result is so worth the effort.  Making one with a friend definitely helped with the tedium.

Here are my fabrics before I started.  The white and yellow are flannel and the others are all 100% cotton.

I enjoyed this blanket so much that I already have an awesome corduroy picked out for my next.  Now I just need to find a cute baby to give this one too.

7 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

It's beautiful!

I just made one of those, too and LOVED the end result!

How big is yours? It looks bigger than mine.

Emily said...

I love it! It looks great!

Laura said...

I used 1 1/4 yards of fabric, it's a good size for a baby.

SandyQuilts said...

Adorable. I might have to make one. I use to make the chenille scarfs several years ago.

Anyone hunting for the tutorial go
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-faux-chenille-blanket.html

Also I believe there's a link error to your "second was to make a faux chenille blanket". That link takes me to blogger.

Laura said...

Thanks for the heads up Sandy, I've fixed the link so it actually takes you to the tutorial now.

JDzJane said...

I have a cute baby you could give it to. ;) Its beautiful. Is it as hard to make as it looks?

jdzjane@hotmail.com

Rhiannon said...

looks gorgeous