Thursday, November 17, 2011

Black & Blue Quilled S

I'm embarrassed by this project.  I started making it at least 3 months ago and it's taken me this long to finish.  I would see it sitting there and just push it aside.  To make things worse it's not even a project for me, it's a gift for a friend (a very belated gift).  This two weeks of posting commitment was a great motivator, I needed a post for today and it was the project closest to completion so I pulled out the mod podge and finished.

My friend Janine asked me to make her an S and since I hadn't made it to her wedding I said I'd love to make it as a gift.  She said she wanted blues and black so went out and found this awesome blue frame and some pretty paper.
I had planned on using some damask paper to frame the letter but it just wasn't quite right so I went with the colour stripes on the side and I love them.

This is the second S I've done and because of the swoops in the letter they're kind of a challenge.  It's easy to lose the shape of the letter.  I'm really happy with how it turned out though.

If you want to take a look at the other quilling I've done go here to see.

(By the way, the glass proved very reflective making for sort of crappy photos, it's real pretty in person.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow beautiful work. how long did it take to actually make the entire 's'?

Ann Martin said...

It looks so pretty and I like the stripes at the side too.

SymbioticLife said...

It's really lovely! I have a project sitting on my living room table right this minute. I've been struggling over it for the past week or more. I ignore it because I feel stuck with it but refuse to put it away because it will go unfinished. Hopefully, I'll be able to buckle down like you and make something as beautiful.

Mitz said...

This is absolutely beautiful Laura - besides my F I think it's my favorite! She'll love it.

Molly said...

Love it! might have ot make one for myself!!

Janine said...

It's so perfect, Laura, I love it!