Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Baby Sister

It's been quiet around here, I know.  I've given you a few reasons, like I don't want to spend our tight budget on crafts and I'm in a creative funk but the biggest reason I have yet to share and it's definitely time.


This little lady has stolen all of my energy.  That's right, I said lady, we're having another girl and I couldn't be more excited.  Come August 13th ish Catie will be a big sister.  We figure there will be no in between, she's either going to be the best big sister who loves this baby more than anything or she's going to be so jealous she can't stand to look at her.  I'm obviously hoping for the first option.

You know there are those pregnant ladies that just continue on with life as if nothing has changed?  You hardly even notice they're pregnant because they're just like normal?  I'm not one of those ladies.  I feel tired and lazy and have little desire to do much so don't expect too much from me around here in the next little bit.

Also, we're having a difficult time coming up with a name for this lady so if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.  There's just one stipulation, since we already have a Catherine who goes by Catie I want this baby to go by her full name, not a shortened nick name.  Any great ideas?


12 comments:

Jenn said...

Another girl, how exciting!! I'm so happy for you! I can pack up all my baby clothes to send to you now. The girl I was going to give them to found out her first ultrasound was wrong, and she's actually having a boy.
My suggestion for a name is Kamryn. I think it's so adorable, Jared hated it because "it's a boy's name." Or Taylor, I think that's cute, too.

Laura said...

Taylor is actually one of the names on our list and Kamryn is really cute but I think it's too close to Catie.

I would LOVE your baby stuff!

This ultrasound definitely wasn't as clear as Catie's so I'm crossing my fingers that the same thing doesn't happen to us :)

I started working on a pink chenille blanket the other day hoping I wouldn't have to give it away, now I get to keep it.

Jane said...

Congratulations Laura! No wonder all was quiet on the home front. But I bet we'll see some cute baby stuff soon.

SandyQuilts said...

Congrats.
Andra
Cameo
Olivia
Delilah
Sara
Mia

Good Luck

Jennie Holt said...

yay congrats! i am sure catie will love her to death! good luck with everything!

The urban foodie said...

Congratulations!

Suggestions

Ava
Emma
Quinn

All simple and beautiful and can't be shortened :)

Carla said...

Congratulations Laura! How exciting! I hope for your sake too that Catie loves being an older sister! You will have to let me know how you like having them almost 3 years apart. We are hoping for about 3 1/2 between Aubrey and the next one. Congrats again, and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I was actually wondering that when i saw you the other week, but didn't want to ask! haha. So happy for you!! and, two girls...how perfect! Pregnancy is hard (I feel tired and lazy too when I'm expecting), but so worth it (as you know). yay!!

Denise said...

How about Julia?

Do I win some sort of prize if you use my name?

Jbear said...

Yay, congratulations! I'm also wondering if I win a prize if you use my name, here are my suggestions:

Lily
Audrey
Sophie

KD Wolsey said...

Ahhh! Congrat's Laura!! That's so exciting!!

Jody N L said...

You should add belly pics every week with what catie wore Wednesdays!